Events & Interest Form
Project WiCCED Events
Accessing Google Team Drive
For Project WiCCED Participants Only. If you do not have access, please email Amy Slocum (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Maddi Valinski (email@example.com) with the account you would like to use for access to the Google Team Drive. You must be logged into your account that is a member of the Project WiCCED Google Group and receives messages from firstname.lastname@example.org to access the files in the Project WiCCED Team Drive.
Direct link: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0AIwquHvfv9xpUk9PVA
Instructions to access manually:
- Visit www.drive.google.com. Log into your account that is a member of the Project WiCCED Google Group (email@example.com)
- Click “Team Drives” on the left side of the page.
- Select “WiCCED Project” as the file folder to open.
Grant Development and Red Team Review Support
In an effort to catalyze new research as a part of Delaware EPSCoR and Project WiCCED, red team reviews and grant development support will be offered to researchers in Delaware engaged with Project WiCCED.
Funding support will be provided for the following activities related to grant development:
- Writing retreats (travel to/from meetings, lunch, etc.)
- Full “red team reviews”
- Copy editing services
- Graphic design services
- Grant writer
Priority will be given to projects that meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Big, interdisciplinary projects
- Bring together researchers from multiple institutions within the project
- Bring together new, multi-disciplinary teams
- Are related to issues surrounding water security in the state of Delaware and further the Project WiCCED and Delaware EPSCoR mission
To apply for funding support, please send Maddi Valinski (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email with the following information:
- Proposed project title
- Draft abstract of the grant
- Approximate total budget (if awarded)
- Name(s) and affiliations of collaborators
- Name of funding opportunity and link to RFP (if applicable)
- Grant due date
- Type of submission (1st submission, resubmission, letter of intent, etc.)
- Amount of support requested and what these funds will be used for
All efforts will be made to respond to requests for funds within 1 week.
Interested in Project WiCCED?
Thank you for your interest in Project WiCCED. If you’d like more information or interested in joining our team of researchers, please let us know!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Project WiCCED PD Kent Messer is featured in a video from the UD Research Office on why Research Matters.
Project WiCCED and DE EPSCoR sent a few representatives to the UD Day in DC which highlights the impact of federal funding and strong connections. Amy Slocum, associate director of Delaware EPSCoR (Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research) and assistant...
TRAINING ETHICAL HACKERS: Computer engineering students hone their skills at cybersecurity competitions and hackathons
Students are advised by Andy Novocin and Nektarios Tsoutsos, who are both assistant professors in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. This pair of professors is creating a culture of collaboration and creative problem solving. Through these events, and the practice sessions leading up to them, students learn hardware and software skills to protect devices from security threats. They also develop soft skills, like communication and teamwork.