Event & Interest Form
Project WiCCED 2-Pager
Project WiCCED Events
Accessing Google Team Drive
For Project WiCCED Participants Only. If you do not have access, please email Amy Slocum (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Maddi Valinski (email@example.com) with the account you would like to use for access to the Google Team Drive. You must be logged into your account that is a member of the Project WiCCED Google Group and receives messages from firstname.lastname@example.org to access the files in the Project WiCCED Team Drive.
Direct link: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0AIwquHvfv9xpUk9PVA
Instructions to access manually:
- Visit www.drive.google.com. Log into your account that is a member of the Project WiCCED Google Group (email@example.com)
- Click “Team Drives” on the left side of the page.
- Select “WiCCED Project” as the file folder to open.
Standard Operating Procedures
- Delaware State University
- Delaware Technical Community College
- University of Delaware
- Wesley College
ADVANCE Faculty Fellows offer workshops for their colleagues on best practices for faculty hiring committees in searching for inclusive excellence. Workshops were first developed under UD’s ADVANCE PAID grant, based on work done at the University of Michigan and the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Faculty Fellows, along with the ADVANCE leadership team, have modified the workshops to keep them up to date and relevant for specific audiences. Workshops are interactive, based on research, and include a module on implicit bias. Information on Faculty Recruitment:
- UD ADVANCE Faculty Hiring Manual. Best Practices in Faculty Recruitment
- Sample Workshop Presentations
- Provost’s Faculty Recruitment Protocol
- University of Delaware Inclusive Excellence website: https://sites.udel.edu/diversity
- University of Delaware Center for Black Culture: https://sites.udel.edu/cbc/
- University of Delaware Black Student Graduate Association: https://sites.udel.edu/bgsa/
- University of Delaware Student Groups Central page to find activities and events surrounding all types of student groups: https://studentcentral.udel.edu
Helpful Documents and Tools
- Diversity Recruitment National Organizations and Events that Involve Diverse Participants
- General Counsel Nursing Mothers in the Workplace University of Delaware
- Harvard diversity_recruitment_resources
- Inclusive Excellence – Inclusive Excellence at the University of Delaware
- Minority recruiting and underrepresented practices
In an interest to help guide mentoring for Project WiCCED, we are providing a number of resources/examples for team members to consider
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity – “On-demand access to the mentoring, tools and support you need to be successful in the Academy.” https://www.facultydiversity.org
Note: University of Delaware has a membership that all UD faculty can use.
- My Individual Development Plan – A free online tool for postdoctoral scientists, to help define and achieve career goals. Developed by AAAS and partners. https://myidp.sciencecareers.org
- Hanson Lab Statement of Rights
- CEAE Mentoring Guidelines – Example
- Building A Mentorship Network and the Importance of Communucation – Leah Palm-Forster
- From Empirical to Intentional- How I Learned to Mentor – Tom Hanson
- The Reciprocated Mentor-Mentee Relationship & The Art Of Open Dialogue – Antonette Todd
If you have resources to share and include, please email Amy Slocum at firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Team Science, Interdisciplinarity, and Collaboration
- Collaboration and Team Science Field Guide: https://www.cancer.gov/about-nci/organization/crs/research-initiatives/team-science-field-guide/collaboration-team-science-guide.pdf
- Team Science Toolkit: https://www.teamsciencetoolkit.cancer.gov/Public/GetStarted.aspx
- Interdisciplinary Research Journeys – Practical Strategies for Capturing Creativity: https://www.bloomsburycollections.com/book/interdisciplinary-research-journeys-practical-strategies-for-capturing-creativity/ [Note: you can download all the chapters for free]
- SciTS and Team Science Resources: https://www.inscits.org/scits-a-team-science-resources
- Toolkit Dialogue Initiative: http://tdi.msu.edu/
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Team Science, National Academies Report, April 2015: https://www.nap.edu/catalog/19007/enhancing-the-effectiveness-of-team-science
B. Transdisciplinary Research, including Stakeholder Engagement and Co-Production
- Network for Transdisciplinary Research: http://www.transdisciplinarity.ch/en/td-net/Ueber-td-net.html
- Integration and Implementation Science: https://i2s.anu.edu.au/
- Interdisciplinary Integration Research Careers Hub: https://www.intereach.org/
- Doing science differently: Co-producing conservation outcomes: https://luchoffmanninstitute.org/2018/09/doing-science-differently-introducing-co-production/
- Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228247371_Linking_Knowledge_and_Action_for_Sustainable_Development
C. Connecting all the Dots
- Crafting usable knowledge for sustainable development: https://www.pnas.org/content/113/17/4570
Grant Development and Red Team Review Support
Funding support will be provided for the following activities related to grant development:
- Writing retreats (travel to/from meetings, lunch, etc.)
- Full “red team reviews”
- Copy editing services
- Graphic design services
- Grant writer
Priority will be given to projects that meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Big, interdisciplinary projects
- Bring together researchers from multiple institutions within the project
- Bring together new, multi-disciplinary teams
- Are related to issues surrounding water security in the state of Delaware and further the Project WiCCED and Delaware EPSCoR mission
To apply for funding support, please send Amy Slocum (email@example.com) an email with the following information:
- Proposed project title
- Draft abstract of the grant
- Approximate total budget (if awarded)
- Name(s) and affiliations of collaborators
- Name of funding opportunity and link to RFP (if applicable)
- Grant due date
- Type of submission (1st submission, resubmission, letter of intent, etc.)
- Amount of support requested and what these funds will be used for
All efforts will be made to respond to requests for funds within 1 week.
Interested in Project WiCCED?
Thank you for your interest in Project WiCCED. If you’d like more information or interested in joining our team of researchers, please let us know!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Biological chemistry majors, Jeremey Wirick (BS, 2019) and Osama Mahmoud (BS, 2020) made significant undergraduate research contributions and earned co-authorship on a scientific article in the high-impact International Journal of Molecular Sciences (IJMS). The IJMS...
Our Social Dimensions team (Kent Messer, George Parsons and Laura Paul) recently asked - Do Delawareans still want to invest in cleaner water? To find out what they learned, click link here.
Congratulations to CEAE and APEC Project WiCCED student, Liam Vita who has been woking on Social Dimensions, S1-Behavior, and the Data Core. Liam received UD's High Index Senior. Click link to learn more:...