Events & Interest Form
Project WiCCED 2-Pager
Project WiCCED Events
Accessing Google Team Drive
For Project WiCCED Participants Only. If you do not have access, please email Amy Slocum (email@example.com) or Maddi Valinski (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the account you would like to use for access to the Google Team Drive. You must be logged into your account that is a member of the Project WiCCED Google Group and receives messages from email@example.com to access the files in the Project WiCCED Team Drive.
Direct link: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0AIwquHvfv9xpUk9PVA
Instructions to access manually:
- Visit www.drive.google.com. Log into your account that is a member of the Project WiCCED Google Group (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click “Team Drives” on the left side of the page.
- Select “WiCCED Project” as the file folder to open.
Standard Operating Procedures
- Delaware State University
- Delaware Technical Community College
- University of Delaware
- Wesley College
Team Science and Stakeholder Engagement Resources – Silka and Hart June 2019
A. Team Science, Interdisciplinarity, and Collaboration
- Collaboration and Team Science Field Guide: https://www.cancer.gov/about-nci/organization/crs/research-initiatives/team-science-field-guide/collaboration-team-science-guide.pdf
- Team Science Toolkit: https://www.teamsciencetoolkit.cancer.gov/Public/GetStarted.aspx
- Interdisciplinary Research Journeys – Practical Strategies for Capturing Creativity: https://www.bloomsburycollections.com/book/interdisciplinary-research-journeys-practical-strategies-for-capturing-creativity/ [Note: you can download all the chapters for free]
- SciTS and Team Science Resources: https://www.inscits.org/scits-a-team-science-resources
- Toolkit Dialogue Initiative: http://tdi.msu.edu/
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Team Science, National Academies Report, April 2015: https://www.nap.edu/catalog/19007/enhancing-the-effectiveness-of-team-science
B. Transdisciplinary Research, including Stakeholder Engagement and Co-Production
- Network for Transdisciplinary Research: http://www.transdisciplinarity.ch/en/td-net/Ueber-td-net.html
- Integration and Implementation Science: https://i2s.anu.edu.au/
- Interdisciplinary Integration Research Careers Hub: https://www.intereach.org/
- Doing science differently: Co-producing conservation outcomes: https://luchoffmanninstitute.org/2018/09/doing-science-differently-introducing-co-production/
- Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228247371_Linking_Knowledge_and_Action_for_Sustainable_Development
C. Connecting all the Dots
- Crafting usable knowledge for sustainable development: https://www.pnas.org/content/113/17/4570
Grant Development and Red Team Review Support
In an effort to catalyze new research as a part of Delaware EPSCoR and Project WiCCED, red team reviews and grant development support will be offered to researchers in Delaware engaged with Project WiCCED.
Funding support will be provided for the following activities related to grant development:
- Writing retreats (travel to/from meetings, lunch, etc.)
- Full “red team reviews”
- Copy editing services
- Graphic design services
- Grant writer
Priority will be given to projects that meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Big, interdisciplinary projects
- Bring together researchers from multiple institutions within the project
- Bring together new, multi-disciplinary teams
- Are related to issues surrounding water security in the state of Delaware and further the Project WiCCED and Delaware EPSCoR mission
To apply for funding support, please send Maddi Valinski (email@example.com) an email with the following information:
- Proposed project title
- Draft abstract of the grant
- Approximate total budget (if awarded)
- Name(s) and affiliations of collaborators
- Name of funding opportunity and link to RFP (if applicable)
- Grant due date
- Type of submission (1st submission, resubmission, letter of intent, etc.)
- Amount of support requested and what these funds will be used for
All efforts will be made to respond to requests for funds within 1 week.
Interested in Project WiCCED?
Thank you for your interest in Project WiCCED. If you’d like more information or interested in joining our team of researchers, please let us know!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Many low income residents rightfully fear that their water is poisoned. Involving them directly in testing goes a long way to easing their fears. According to studies conducted by the University of Delaware, 78% of Southbridge residents were “concerned” about the...
"What makes the Delaware Bay the Delaware Bay is the Atlantic white cedar," Kauffman said. "They are sentinels. They are early warning systems of what’s occurring." Now Stotts, through a National Science Foundation-supported research initiative called Project WiCCED...
UD undergraduate student, Zizhuo Xu, discusses his experience conducting research with Dr. Shanshan Ding over the summer in a new UDaily article. Their work together focused on machine learning and big data analytics, particularly as they relate to human decision...